At Charitocracy, we pool our donations each month and vote on the charity to get it. Check out the donor-nominated charities below.

Pea Island Preservation Society logo
Pea Island Preservation Society

Tagged: ,

• Nominator
    Nominated Cause

boldpath
    36 people like it.
    Please wait...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    Processing your vote...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    This is the official discussion thread for the cause Pea Island Preservation Society. Its EIN is 45-3135891 and it's a public charity based in Manteo, NC. Research more info about the cause on GuideStar and Charity Navigator.

Pea Island Preservation Society logo
    We preserve the history of The Pea Island Life Saving Station and African American keeper Richard Etheridge.

I value the Pea Island Preservation Society’s work to share the legacy of Keeper Richard Etheridge and the Black, local crew that served our nation at the Life Saving Station during a time when Blacks didn’t even have the right to vote. During their time of service, the crew and Keeper Etheridge received no awards for their heroic work, but the Pea Island Preservation Society helps to remember their amazing sacrifices, dedication, and legacy. They offer lessons in our schools, and a museum converted from the original Cookhouse, which they were able to relocate from Rodanthe to Manteo in order to share and preserve this rich history. They’re awesome, and I know that our funds could greatly help them keep up their powerful work.

You can check out their website here.

Also read Charitocracy's blog post about Pea Island Preservation Society!
  • Commenter
    Comments

shel

I love the Pea Island Preservation Society.

Great group!