At Charitocracy, we pool our donations each month and vote on the charity to get it. Check out the donor-nominated charities below.

Outer Banks Hotline logo
Outer Banks Hotline

• Nominator
    Nominated Cause

John Towler
    27 people like it.
    Please wait...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    Processing your vote...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    This is the official discussion thread for the cause Outer Banks Hotline. Its EIN is 58-1414606 and it's a public charity based in Nags Head, NC. Research more info about the cause on GuideStar and Charity Navigator.

Outer Banks Hotline logo
    We provide crisis intervention, safe house, information and referrals, advocacy and prevention education services.

I’ve been working with Hotline for over 25 years in my role as a police first responder. They are often the first, last and only place for survivors of sexual abuse and domestic violence can turn to in a moment of crisis. The staff is professional and dedicated to their mission. 

There are any number of organizations that could use a little bit of help and doubtless most of them deserve it. Hotline is special to me because I’ve seen up close the good work they do and their tireless advocacy for survivors. 

From their Facebook page: “Outer Banks Hotline is a private, non-profit human services organization that provides crisis intervention, temporary shelter, information and referrals, advocacy and prevention education services to residents and visitors.”

Also read Charitocracy's blog post about Outer Banks Hotline!

Live long and prosper.